St John’s offers quality almshouse apartments based in the centre of Bath and Combe Park, adjacent to the RUH. In total, we have 94 almshouse apartments, creating a community, which supports and empowers people to be independent.
We currently have availability for couples in our alms-apartments.
Our accommodation supports older adults who are actively independent to continue to direct their own life, safe in the knowledge there is, if needed, support from neighbours and the wider community.
We are not to be confused with care homes or assisted living, because you are responsible for yourself, but you are just surrounded by similar people.
There is a wonderful social scene at St John’s, and you can be involved as much or as little as you wish.
- A high-quality, self-contained apartment
- Advisors on site 12 hours a day, from Monday to Friday
- Support with the process of accessing personal care if needs are identified for residents
- A programme of varied activities
- Chargeable housekeeping services, such as cleaning, shopping, medication collection and chaperoning
- Professionally maintained shared spaces and gardens
- A supportive community of neighbours
- A guest suite for your visitors
- WiFi in shared areas
- Pastoral support from our Chaplaincy team
- A management team that provides support with property maintenance
- Direct access to key charities and agencies providing care and support
If you wish to register your interest for an apartment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01225 485830.
It was only when I joined the ILA team at St Johns Foundation that I realised that there was a different way to show care. Along with our values of trust, courage, and kindness, dignity and person-centered care are at the heart of our service. This means we provide an outstanding service that is second to none.
This is why on the 1st of February, we celebrate Dignity in Action day and continue to be the Beacon for other local care services in celebrating and promoting dignity in care.