Just as it first did back in 1174, St John’s Foundation provides almshouse accommodation in Bath. Our apartments address a local need for affordable accommodation that’s deliberately tailored to independent living. A recent study by Bayes Business School found that those who live in almshouses may live up to 2 and half years longer. Being part of a community like ours here at St John’s, can increase the sense of belonging, give a greater sense of purpose and reduce isolation.
Our high-quality almshouse apartments are available to individuals and couples above 65 years of age who are already residents of Bath and North East Somerset. The apartments are situated in two beautiful settings, Chapel Court in Bath city centre and Combe Park, next to the Royal United Hospital in Bath.
Across both locations we have 94 apartments. These provide a vibrant, ready-made community of like-minded mature people. Our residents are empowered to live independently and direct their own lives, completely safe in the knowledge that if support is needed, it’ll always be on hand.
St John’s almshouse apartments facilities and services:
- High-quality almshouse apartments for individuals and couples
- Shared spaces: laundry, library, and lounge
- Professionally maintained gardens
- A guest suite for visitors
- Free WiFi in communal areas
- Housekeeping services (optional) e.g. cleaning, laundry, shopping
- A varied programme of on-site activities
- Pastoral support from our chaplaincy team
- On-site advice service
- On-site property maintenance team
- 24/7 emergency call system
To find out more about our almshouses, complete the above form and one of our Good Living Team will get back to you. Alternatively you can email us at good.living@email@example.com or by calling 01225 486401