No. 1 Queen Square was gifted to St John’s Foundation in 1953 by the Whittington’s. Over the course of its ownership by the charity it has housed a variety of different office leases. In 2019 renovations started on the building to return it to its former glory. With work completed in late 2021, the building now houses the House of St John’s.
Run by the Charity’s Trading Subsidiary, the House of St John’s is a high-end workspace, exclusively for its members and their guests.
While the building has been sympathetically restored, the trappings of the modern world have also been included, with high-end fittings and ultra-fast broadband.
House of St John’s is the place for professionals to meet, network and socialise, as well as getting on with the serious business of making a living. The founding principles of membership are focussed on community, inclusion and informal luxury and the aim is to bring together like-minded people, invested in social change.
All profits from the venture are gifted to St John’s to help fund positive change within our community through the Foundation Fund. The Fund is focused on supporting 0 – 12 year old children and has four key pillars which include providing nutritious food every day; a safe place outside of school; behavioural and emotional support and help in reading and writing, oracy, and mathematics. Addressing all these issues helps to make great inroads into lessening the educational attainment gap. Find out more about our Foundation Fund.